Monday, May 19, 2014

It's ok to ask for help, Even I need help from my Athletic son with exercise...

I'm the first to admit that it's "OK" to ask for help.  With sleep training, potty training, even personal training.

This week I asked my 13 year old son to be my personal trainer. (I need some serious help) I told him I would give him $10 if he could get me to work out 15 min a day 5 days each week. Each consecutive week,  I would increase it by $1.  It was hard for me to ask him for help but he really knows his stuff.   He's almost 14 and starting high school freshman football. The Cross Country Running Coach was disappointed he wasn't doing High School Running.  All my boys are Athletic.

My Son woke me up at 5:45am and told me I had to be outside by 6. He only had until 6:30 to get out the door to go to his own work out club. He had already been up and was ready for school.  I got a "Dramatic Wake Up".  He slammed the mattress by my head with his fist.  It's a good thing I was already rousing or it would have made me fall out of bed.  I had to laugh at myself all through the work out as he told me to jog around the lawn 3 times to warm up (it was already 78 degress outside) and do side sit ups etc.  I had previously had him research how to use the TRX (Tension Resistance eXercise) thing I had and we have a bunch of free weights, skipping rope, yoga mats etc.  He had 7-10 exercises for me to do switching me between types of exercises that he encouraged me through (through my laughing) and I may be a little sore tomorrow.  I may get a flatter tummy yet.  Today was day 1.

Yesterday I asked my 15 year old daughter if she would work out with me.  She agreed right away but then I told her who my personal trainer was...her little brother (who has been beating her at almost everything lately-piano playing, sports, marks, but not singing--She rocks the vocal talent)  She still agreed to work out with us.  It'll be good for both of us and I love we are doing it together.  She's not laughing and wants me to take it more seriously. She'll be good for me, too.


What do you need  help with.  Go ahead and ask.  I can't believe it took me this long to ask for help.  I have been trying to fix my tummy on my own for years.  (5 kids is a lot of tummy troubles to overcome)
I hope you don't wait as long as I did to get a knowledgeable person to walk and encourage you through the information and to get  a plan in place to fix what is bothering you.  Sleep.  Weight.  Potty Training.  Cooking.  Nutrition.  Sometimes a YouTube video just isn't enough.

If you need sleep help, call me.  Free 15 minute initial sleep assessment with me.
I am a trained and certified Gentle Sleep Coach and I won't tell you to Cry It Out. I want to help you get your child sleeping through the night.
Tracy Spackman 602-524-7610
www.GetQuietNights.com
https://www.facebook.com/QuietNights

No comments:

Post a Comment